A Templière farm, then a former relay of diligences, the Château is settled at the foot of the Rouët mountain range, a volcanic bar of red ochre, at an altitude of 560 metres, preserving the vestiges of a prehistoric environment, protected by caves.
Before the revolution, the marquis of V. was in love with his small Château du Rouët. He came hunting there and had vines and olive trees planted by the wine growers of Trans en Provence. He even sent some of this wine production to Versailles by the canal transport of the Rhône.
Around 1840 the current family bought the Rouët, with more than one thousand hectares of forest. This property, essentially forest, earned its incomes by the sale of the wood of pines and the harvest of cork.
Towards 1880, three generations (Reverdit / Lagane/Savatier) decide to build the Château in its current shape, with its ponds ( 1876 ), its park, its "Master House" with the ceilings painted by the Italian School ( 1880 ), its chapel ( 1898 ).
In 1927 a big fire ravaged the Estérel from Mandelieu to La Motte, starting off by The Mistral and returning by The East wind. Having worked thousands of cubic metres of pines, Lucien Savatier decided to protect the forest by planting vines and peach-trees immediately after the fire.