Since 1640 this domain has been in the Caslot family. Their house, office, and recently revamped winery sit upon one of Touraine’s largest cellars — a great cavernous affair dug out between the 11th and 13th centuries to provide stone for the local village of Restigné.
Today, Emmanuel and Stéphanie Caslotare in charge. These dynamic siblings have been instrumental in upgrading the winery equipment and converting the domain to organic farming (their vineyards were fully certified for organic farming in 2009, but the domain also uses some biodynamic applications and practices). They work 81.5 acres of vines, of which 59 grow around the house and cellar and constitute the heart of the domain.