KRUG GRANDE CUVÉE 169ÈME ÉDITION IN ESSENCE:
▪ It is a blend of 146 wines from 11 different years, the youngest of which is from 2013, while the oldest dates back to 2000.
▪ Its final composition is 43% Pinot Noir, 35% Chardonnay and 22% Meunier.
▪A stay of around seven years in Krug’s cellars gives Krug Grande Cuvée 169ème Édition its distinct expression and elegance.
▪Krug Grande Cuvée 169ème Édition was composed around the harvest of 2013, a year that beautifully expressed the unique characters of some of the House’s iconic plots.
▪ The season began with a seemingly endless winter followed by a rainy and cool spring. Luckily, summer was hot and sunny, although also marked by hailstorms, which took their toll in the vineyards. The wines of the year were generous, expressive and full of flavours.
▪A light golden colour and fine, vivacious bubbles, holding a promise of pleasure.
▪ Aromas of flowers in bloom, ripe, dried and citrus fruits, as well as marzipan and gingerbread.
▪ Grilled notes and flavours of almond paste, quince, lemon, limoncello and dried fruit.